The focus of Product Design and Development is integration of the marketing, design, and manufacturing functions of the firm in creating a new product. The course is intended to provide you with the following benefits:
- Competence with a set of tools and methods for product design and development.
- Confidence in your own abilities to create a new product.
- Awareness of the role of multiple functions in creating a new product (e.g. marketing, finance, industrial design, engineering, production).
- Ability to coordinate multiple, interdisciplinary tasks in order to achieve a common objective.
- Reinforcement of specific knowledge from other courses through practice and reflection in an action-oriented setting.
- Enhanced team working skills.